Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council will be holding an Affordable Housing Information Evening on Wednesday, November 15th. The event will take place in the Royal Marine Hotel in Dún Laoghaire and will run from 4pm – 8pm.
The event will be hosted by dlr staff who will be available to provide information on the following housing schemes/initiatives. I have also provided links to each available support where you can get further information.
- Affordable Purchase: this is for anyone who is a first-time buyer or a “fresh start” buyer who cannot get a mortgage approval from the bank.
- Cost Rental: Cost rental is high quality modern rental accommodation provided by the state. This is for anyone whose houshold income (after tax) is lower than €66,000 per year but not eligible for any social housing supports.
- House Purchase Loans and Mortgages: this is another support with a fixed interest mortgage from the council for first-time buyers who are struggling to secure a mortgage.
- Help to Buy Scheme: this is available for anyone buying a new-build home where you get back tax you have paid in the past 4 years.
- First Home Scheme: this is for first-time buyers where the government buys a “stake” of up to 30% of your home. You can choose to buy it back off the government at any time. The maximum value of the home that’s eligible in DLR is €475,000 (house) and €500,000 (apartment).
- Vacant Property Refurbishment Grant (Croí Cónaithe)
- Repair and Leasing Scheme
- Buy and Renew scheme
The event is free and you can sign up for the event here but you can also just show up without booking.