I have made a submission to the public consultation on the Dundrum Local Area Plan, outlining my broad support for the plan. I have made some suggestions for improvement and clarity in this submission. My colleague Rob Jones has also made a submission which you can read here.
I’ve made my submission as a local councillor for the adjacent Glencullen-Sandyford Local Electoral Area and as a resident of adjacent Ballinteer.
Making a submission
Anyone can make a submission. But hurry, the deadline is midnight on Friday 21st July! Here are some resources to help you make yours:
- The main site for the plan
- Shortcut to the plan itself
- Shortcut to making a submission. It’s possible to make a very short submission if you wish. Supportive and non-supportive submissions are just as welcome.
My submission to the Dundrum Local Area Plan
I have grouped my submission by the following topics:
- Housing: I broadly support the plan to facilitate the sustainable development of over 2,000 homes within this relatively small geographical area of approx. 2,000 homes.
- Community and Place: the objectives and recommendations in the plan can deliver a more coherent and well-served community with a strong sense of place in Dundrum and the surrounding areas including Ballinteer, Rathfarnham, Balally and Sandyford.
- Mobility: with increased population and increased economic comfort comes mobility challenges, with people needing their cars increasingly being delayed and obstructed by those who have do other options. The mobility measures in the plan LAP reasonable, with a greater emphasis on providing safe, comfortable and reliable routes for people to walk, cycle and wait for public transport.
- Climate, Biodiversity & Flooding: great to see this being taken seriously within an LAP.
You can read my full submission here or down below.
If you would like to follow up on anything in this submission, please feel free to reach out to me on [email protected] or 0876065648.
I will continue to support the measures laid out in the Dundrum Local Area Plan for the benefit of people in the whole surrounding area who want more housing, sustainable transport options, action on climate and a strong community.
My Green Party colleague and Dundrum local election candidate for next year, Rob Jones, has also made a submission that you can read here or see below.